Sunday 24 January 2010

Today I Am Thankful For...

* A relaxed sunday day off - so often my sundays are so full of things I am involved with at church that they are not the most chilled of days off. Don't get me wrong I love all the things that I do on sundays but it was really nice to chill for most of today. I now feel much more ready for the 5 working days ahead of me.

* Hot oat baths with candles and body shop lovely yummy mango toiletries whist watching a movie on the Mac :)

* Rediscovering a love for Cheese and Marmalade sandwiches! I know this is weird but you've got to try it! It's at its best with homemade marmalade which I just received a jar of from my lovely mum - Thank You Mum!

* My blueberry muffin candle - mmmmmmm smells delicious.

* Experimental stirfrys - prawn, sweet red pepper, onion, broccoli, chilli flakes, garlic, soy sauce and noodles! Its was SCRUMMY!

* That there wasn't even a threat of rain so I could walk without having to carry an umbrella YAY!

* Re-discovering my favorite song of all time - Dare You To Move by Switchfoot


Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
What happens next?

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before


Switchfoot Dare You To Move (c) (C) 2004 SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

* Making plans for a fun-filled week...
Monday night - dinner, wine, and movie (the usual!) with the absolutely lovely amazing Sarah Cooper - nights in with Scoop are the best :)
Tuesday night - night in sorting and organising my life (strangely looking forward to this!)
Wednesday evening - going to see Avatar 3d - I have heard GREAT things!!
Thursday evening - D Group, LOVE IT!
Friday evening - travelling back to Bournemouth for the weekend
Saturday - Greg and Eva's Wedding! I LOVE Weddings! Also really looking forward to seeing all my lovely Bournemouth friends - it's been a while!

* I get paid tomorrow (first time in 6 weeks!) so am paying for my OZ/NZ flights!!!!!!

* I am especially thankful for realising today that I like myself a little bit more than I used to and there is a vast improvement on how I felt about myself this time last year, It's all good! Thank You God!

No comments:

Post a Comment