Monday 26 September 2011

Banana and Chocolate Cake!!

So as usual, it was the end of the week, and I had a small bunch of Bananas I had forgotten to eat, going mushy in my fruit bowl so I decided to be all 'domestic-like' and make a cake!!! (Definitely the best type of domesticity I think lol!)

Now I'm not one for following recipes because they always seem to involve a large amount of specific ingredients that I don't have - simple is good with me - using the basics I have in the cupboard to create something just as yummy! So I was very chuffed when I found the simplest recipe ever (thanks to Google) and it made a magnificent Cake! YAY!

Unfortunately the photo isn't mine (as a silly someone *oops* forgot to put a memory card in the camera!) but what's a recipe without a photo right!


 You need...
  • 4oz butter or margarine
  • 6oz sugar (granulated, caster, or mix in some demerara, whatever you have to hand)
  • 8oz self raising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 large or 3 medium, very ripe bananas (I used 4 medium and it still worked)
  • Chocolate chunks or chips (or nuts, or cinnamon or nutmeg... whatever floats your boat)
To make...
  • Heat the oven to gas mark 4; 180C
  • Grease a 2lb loaf tin. (I used a 7" deep round tin and it still worked)
  • Mash the bananas with a fork.
  • Cream the butter and sugar together and mix in the eggs
  • Mix together the two yellow sludges you now have.
  • Mix in the flour.
  • Scrape into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes then lower the temperature to gas mark 2; 150C and cook for a further 30 minutes.
  • Try to let it cool (turned out on a rack) before you devour it. (We didn't suceed in waiting this long - whoops! :P)
And Wallah!!! Yummy Cake! Devoured by Mike, myself and my Band in about 15 mins flat!!
Enjoy!
Original recipe found {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment