Monday 31 January 2011

Kiwi Experience - Part... I can't remember where we're up to! :P

So since my last main travelling update (aside from the Whale Watch), I have left Queenstown and travelled up the east coast of the south island, spent a couple of days in Christchurch enjoying the World Buskers Festival and catching up with an old friend :) Spent a couple of days in Kiakoura whale watching, seal watching, sunbathing, sea-food eating, rockpooling. Then I waved goodbye to the south island and crossed back to Wellington, meandered back upto Taupo and this afternoon I arrived back at my starting point in Auckland!!!! The Kiwi Experience 'Funky Chicken' pass is finished!!! Sad times but VERY VERY excited to be going home soon to see a certain someone :) :) :)

Just gonna go for a few days upto paradise in the Bay of Islands (as you do) this week then have a 28 hour flight home!!! Will be in the care of Qantas this time next week!!!

Here are some general photos from the last few days - enjoy!

Beautiful Kiakoura - The view from stood ouside my hostel!!!
 Walk around the Kiakoura Peninsula to see the Seal Colony (this was the only cloud in the sky!!)

 Are you looking at me!?

ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME!!!??? (P.S. Yes I know I'm not very witty :P Can't blame me for trying!)


Check out this poser!

Think he was pretending to be a statue!

More of beautiful Kiakoura!



Went rockpooling (at sunset, outside the hostel.... I know, I know, amazing! :)) Anyhoo, went hunting for the famous Paua Shells that get washed up here (you pay $8 + for a good one in a tourist shop).... and look what I found!!!! :) And all because I was prepared to get my feet wet lol! :)
(NB: I didn't find them all nicely arranaged like this for me unfortunately, this is post finding them!)



Couple of days later, back in Taupo - Huka Falls

No coulour editing at all - this is actually what the water looks like there!

Another Taupo sunset! :) :)




Mike - I Love YOU! See you in 1 week!!!!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment